In abdominal bloating person feels like abdomen is over filled and feeling of gas accumulation in it. Person facing this problem feels like inflated balloon in his abdomen. Person feels very uncomfortable and it causes abdominal distension as well. Person excessive abdominal bloating problem feels sick all the time and cannot perform all actions effectively. Sometimes it can be indication of some other diseases as well. You should not ignore it if you are having this problem. Follow home tips to get rid of it or consult physician if you cannot treat it by yourself.
Also See: Easy Ways to Get Rid Of Heartburn
Sign & Symptoms of Bloating
Many people experience problem of abdominal bloating but its sign and symptom are indistinct that is why it is difficult to identify. While some people suffering from excessive abdominal bloating present with symptoms like
- Uncomfortable feeling because of sensation of over fullness of abdomen
- Feeling of swelling & Tightness of abdomen
- Other symptoms include burping, gurgles, belching and flatulence.
- Some people also feel pain
Causes of Excessive Abdominal Bloating
Causes of excessive abdominal bloating can be following
- IBS (Irritable bowel Syndrome)
- Aerophagia/Air Swallowing
- Feeling of heartburn
- Uncomfortable feeling after eating dairy products
- Increase in weight
Excessive abdominal bloating might be the indication of any other serious problem. These include
- Celiac disease ( hypersensitivity to gluten found in wheat)
- Pancreatic abnormal working.
- Ascites which is fluid accumulation in abdominal (peritoneal) cavity that can be due to liver problem, CHF, kidney disease etc.
- Cancer of ovary
Abdominal Bloating Treatment
You can easily treatment abdominal bloating by following some easy tips.
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Use dairy products which are lactose free
- Chewing gum will cause swallowing of air which leads to bloating
- Do not eat too fast, slow down your eating speed.
- Try to lose weight if you are obese
You must consult doctors if you are having given below symptoms along with excessive abdominal bloating
- Severe heartburn
- Pain in abdomen
- Bloody stools
- Sudden weight loss
Physician will guide you about the best treatment and you will also come to know the cause of abdominal bloating as well or if you are having any other diseased condition and you can continue the suitable treatment and enjoy healthy life.