Increased blood pressure of high blood pressure is medically termed as hypertension and it is seen a common problem because it is not diagnosed at the early stages i-e Prehypertension stages as it does not have proper sign and symptoms. Also, its exact cause is not known but there are major contributing factors which lead to rise in blood pressure. By avoiding these factors or triggers blood pressure levels can be kept in control. There are 10 ways to control high blood pressure without medication which are mentioned here.
Best Ways to Follow
Following are the 10 ways to control blood pressure without medication.
- One of the contributing factors towards increased blood pressure is increased weight. Therefore, reducing weight helps in maintaining normal levels of blood pressure.
- Your diet is another important factor that can disturb blood pressure because some food items contain higher levels of fat and cholesterol which cause rise in blood pressure. Hypertensive patients should follow Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet as it contains lower level of cholesterol and fat.
- Physical inactivity is the cause of many diseases. Similarly patients with high blood pressure are at greater risk if they do not have any physical activity so make habit of exercising daily because daily exercise of at least 30 minutes can help you lowering raised level of blood pressure. Physical activity can be in the form of walking, swimming, jogging or cycling.
- Stress patients always have problem of high blood pressure so try to reduce stress and best way to do so is to eliminate the reason or trigger which is causing stress. Among 10 ways to control high blood pressure without medication, this method helps a lot.
- Common cause of increased blood pressure is increased intake of sodium which leads to rise in blood pressure. To maintain normal levels cut back on salt your blood pressure will be controlled.
- Eating banana helps hypertensive patients because it is rich in potassium which acts opposite to sodium. If you are hypertensive, make habit of eating bananas daily. It is going to help you to maintain normal blood pressure level.
- It has been observed commonly that people do not go for regular check up of blood pressure. Healthy person should go for blood pressure check up at least once/twice in six months but hypertensive should do it on regular basis. It would help them to control increased blood pressure.
- Smoking is another factor leading to hypertension. People who smoke are at greater risk of getting hypertension. Therefore, people with high blood pressure should quit smoking to maintain normal level.
- Alcohol is definitely not good for your health and drinking alcohol hinders the increased blood pressure levels to reach normal levels. One of the 10 ways to control high blood pressure without medication is also to reduce alcohol intake.
- Caffeine intake should also be reduce to controlling your blood pressure levels as blood pressure levels are sensitive to caffeine content in your system and levels may rise on presence of caffeine in your blood system
These are the 10 ways to control high blood pressure without medication. Try to follow these methods to keep your blood pressure controlled and to stay active and healthy.